måndag 22 juli 2013

July Birthstone: Ruby

Having done a lot of red looks this year already, I had to come up with something special for the birthstone look of July. After some brainstorming I had the answer to my prayers; Sugarpill's Asylum. Can anything be more perfect than this eyeshadow if you want to capture the Ruby with a makeup look?

Finally I managed to take a picture of red eyeshadow without it looking like I have painted it on in the computer. As many of you already know this has been a big problem for me previously and I hope that I finally have solved it!



Asylum may be the most beautiful eyeshadow this far in my collection. :)


Naked cheeks, red lips and a fluffy mohawk is the way to combine this red smokey eye. ;P


This lip look is achieved by first applying a completely matte red lipstick to your lips and then pop on some Asylum to the center for a metallic finish. Love it! :D






Face
*Matte foundation Fair  (Bare Minerals)
*Touche Éclat #1 (YSL)*
*Mineral Veil (Bare minerals)

Eyebrows
*Brow powder Dark brown (Anastasia)
*#391 (Inglot) 

Eyes
*Shadow Insurance (original) (Too Faced)
*Jumbo Pencil Black bean (NYX)
*Asylum (Sugarpill)
*#391 (Inglot) 
*#351 (Inglot)
*Love+ (Sugarpill)
*Bitten (Makeup Geek)
*Crappy false eyelashes 

Lips
*Red velvet (Lime Crime)
*Asylum (Sugarpill)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I got some new things from both Lime Crime and Sugarpill and I'm planning to post swatches of them this week but since my schedule at work is somewhat fluidic at the moment I don't know exactly when. 
I hope you liked this look and that you will have a lovely day! :)

Thanks for reading!



*Not cruelty-free




3 kommentarer:

  1. Ooh! Very beautiful! My birthstone is the Ruby, so I love this! (I did my first birthday haul on my blog if you want to see it!) :D Awesome look!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Love this, my birthstone is also ruby :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Divino, el rojo es muy favorecedor, me encanta usarlo en los ojos también ;) ¡Ciao!

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    SvaraRadera