tisdag 8 maj 2012

Prom makeup to complement your dress Part 1

Hello everybody!

Today we are continuing to go through different kinds of prom makeup looks and I thought I'd show you guys some designs that can be used to complement your dress. I've used yellow, since I felt like it, but you can simply pick another color to match your own prom dress! :)

If you have a red prom dress, you can use for instance gold on instead of red, since I know many people wouldn't wear red eyeshadow.

And a very important advice for your prom makeup: DON'T USE TOO MUCH FOUNDATION!!
On my own prom (which was a disaster by the way, mostly because of the jerk I went there with...) there was a girl who had used far too much foundation in a tone that was very, very much darker than her actual skin tone. The result was quite nasty and it looked like her face was flaking off. Not cute! I really felt sorry for her!

So, anyways... Here's the promised tutorial. :)




Step 1. As always, prime your eyes. :) This is the only way to make the eye-makeup last the whole night without creasing. 


Step 2. Using a pencil brush, apply Latte by MakeupGeek in a C-shape around the outer corner of your eye. 


Step 3. Blend out the C-shape and apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk on your lid, blending it out by patting it gently with your finger. 


Step 4. Apply Buttercupcake from Sugarpill, or whatever color that matches your promdress, on your lid, carefully blending it out into the brown C-shape. 


Step 5. Line your eyes with a black eyeliner pencil. Also apply it on your upper lash line. Blend it out. 


Step 6. To add some more depth to the look apply a black eyeshadow (or dark brown if you want a softer result) to your deep crease (that is, the outermost part of your crease). Fill in your brows with an eyeshadow that matches your natural browcolor. 
Also, apply a shimmery white - I've used Ice Queen by Makeup Geek - to your inner corner and beneath your eyebrow.


Step 7. Apply mascara and a pair of false eyelashes (which is of course optional). 

Now, here's the finished look: 



I should have worn something yellow to show you the match, but since my wardrobe is 99,9% black that was not a possibility. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that this tutorial has been helpful! :) Thanks for taking your time reading it. 

Have lovely day! 





1 kommentar:

  1. (Don't know if I have commented here in english or swedish before but now it will be english)
    Love the yellow to your purple hair. :-)
    I have problems subscribing to your blog with the RSS app on my phone. Nothing happens when I click the text in the right sidebar that says subscribe and the usual subscribe icon is not there (This have worked fine for adding other blogs). I've tried to just copy the adress into the RSS program on my phone and I've tried to add it with a longer adress that have worked for other blogspot blogs.
    Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    Do you know how to fix it?
    Just want to be updated and be able to read your blog on my phone (btw, I'm using an android phone)

    SvaraRadera